This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Foundation training allows you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage an Information Security Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2022. During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of ISMS, including ISMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for the “PECB Certificate Holder in ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework and management approach.
In this course you will learn to:
- Describe the main information security management concepts, principles, and definitions
- Explain the main ISO/IEC 27001:2022 requirements for an information security management system (ISMS)
- Identify approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of an ISMS
Who should attend
Typical attendees includes:
- Managers and consultants seeking to know more about information security
- Professionals wishing to get acquainted with ISO/IEC 27001:2022 requirements for an ISMS
- Individuals engaged in or responsible for information security activities in their organization
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in information security
- Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Information Security Management System requirements and Certificate Exam preparation
Fees per person
- ISO 27001 Foundation Module (2 days)
- $1,850 + gst
Course fee includes:
- Course materials
- ISO 27001 Foundation Certificate exam voucher
Live Virtual Training – At course completion participants of the ISO 27001 Foundation online training will receive an online exam voucher. The online exam is web-based and hosted by the PECB Exam System which is accessed via a web browser. The exam can be taken at any time after the course. The exam voucher has a 12 month validity period.
- 60-minute duration
- 40 Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Closed book exam
- 70%+ score to pass
The exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certificate Programme. It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
More information can be found here.
Examination Re-Sit Options:
There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can retake an exam. However, there are certain limitations in terms of the time span between exam retakes.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on the 1st attempt, s/he must wait 15 days after the initial date of the exam for the next attempt (1st retake).
Note: Candidates who have completed the training course with ALC and failed the first exam attempt, are eligible to retake for free the exam within a 12-month period from the date the coupon code is received (because the fee paid for the training course, includes a first exam attempt and one retake). Otherwise, retake fees apply.
To arrange exam retakes, based on exam format, candidates that have completed a training course, must follow the steps below:
- Online Exam: when scheduling the exam retake, use initial coupon code to waive the fee.
- Paper-Based Exam: candidates need to contact ALC.