This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
ALC's 2 Day ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation training allows you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage an Information Security Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 27001. During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of ISMS, including ISMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework and management approach.
- Understand the elements and operations of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, standards, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of an ISMS
Who should attend
- Individuals involved in Information Security Management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Information Security Management
Day 1: Introduction to the information security management system (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Information security management system (ISMS)
- Fundamental information security concepts and principles
- Understanding of the organization and its context
Day 2: Information security management system (ISMS) and certification exam
- Performance evaluation
- Controls and control objectives
- Certification process and closing of the training course
Fees per person
- ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Module (2 days)
- $1,850 + gst
Course fee includes:
- Course materials
- The PECB ISO 27001 Foundation Certificate exam voucher
There are no pre-requisites to sit this course.
The PECB Foundation Certificate online exam voucher is provided at the end of day 2.
- Exam Duration: 1 Hour
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Number of Questions: 40
- Open or Closed book: Closed Book
- Pass Mark: 70% - 28 points out of 40 in order to pass.
- Resit: 1 free resit if taken within 12 months of sitting the course.