TOGAF® EA Course - Foundation
*Based on the TOGAF® Standard, EA, 10th Edition. Agile Architecture for the Digital Age.
TOGAF® 9 is a proven enterprise architecture methodology and framework used by the world's leading organisations to improve business efficiency. Enterprise architecture professionals fluent in TOGAF enjoy greater industry credibility, job effectiveness, and career opportunities.
TOGAF EA FOUNDATION (2 days)
This module covers the FOUNDATION curriculum including terminology, structure, basic concepts of TOGAF EA, and the core principles of Enterprise Architecture. As well as the theory, the course includes many examples of architecture deliverables and artifacts. The course prepares participants to undertake the TOGAF FOUNDATION exam.
If you are also interested in TOGAF at Certified level then our TOGAF Combined course offers the best value.
What you get at the ALC TOGAF course
Tier 1 trainers. Training is a serious investment, it is not just the money but also your valuable time. If you are going to allocate 4 days to learning, it is the person out the front who will make all the difference. We have built our reputation, since 1994, on the fact that we only work with Tier 1 trainers.
Excellent course materials. Not only do you get our comprehensive and fully-accredited course workbook, you also get the official TOGAF EA Certification Self Study Pack, an invaluable tool for exam prep, plus the Personal PDF Edition of TOGAF version 10.
Exam vouchers plus trial exam. During the course we provide you with exercises, test questions and mock exams to give you the best possible exam preparation. At the end of the course you receive a Foundation exam voucher that enables you to take the TOGAF certification exam within 12 months.
Value. Quality usually comes at a premium but we work hard at all levels to ensure competitive pricing, whether you’re a small, medium or large organisation or a private individual. Contact the ALC team if you think you can get a better comparable offer on TOGAF training anywhere else.
Great post-course support. There are always questions after the course. We are local and we offer genuine support. Get your questions answered promptly and in your time zone.
ALC Group's TOGAF® EA Course - Foundation is accredited by The Open Group
Individuals at FOUNDATION level will acquire an understanding of:
- Unit I - Concepts
- Unit 2 - Definitions
- Unit 3 - Introduction to the ADM
- Unit 4 - Introduction to ADM Techniques
- Unit 5 - Introduction to Applying the ADM
- Unit 6 - Introduction to Architecture Governance
- Unit 7 - Architecture Content
Who should attend
The FOUNDATION module is designed for:
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to TOGAF EA
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Technical Analysts who want to career develop into enterprise architecture
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF EA
- Course Introduction
- Enterprise Architecture – An Introduction
- TOGAF® EA – An Introduction
- The Architecture Development Method
- Adapting TOGAF to the Context
- Architecture Principles and Requirements
- Architecture Vision
- Risk Management
- Enterprise Integration
- Enterprise Continuum and Architecture Repository
- Architecture Patterns
- Architecture Content Framework
- Technology Architecture
- Building Organisational Capability
- Architecture Governance
- Exam Preparation Guide
Fees A$ per person
- Foundation Module (2 days)
- $1950 + gst
- Practitioner Module (2 days)
- $1950 + gst
- Combined 4-day course
- $2780 + gst
Course fee includes:
- Comprehensive, fully-accredited course workbook
- TOGAF EA Certification Self Study Pack (official copy) - awaiting 5th edition to be released in 2023
- Exam voucher for Foundation exam
There are no formal prerequisites to attend the TOGAF EA Foundation course. For Practitioner level it is expected that participants have passed the TOGAF EA Foundation exam.
- Certification is only achieved by passing the examination
- The exam is in closed-book format, and includes 40 multiple-choice questions
- The pass score is 60% (24 out of 40 questions)
- Duration of exam is 60 minutes
The TOGAF exams are administered by the Open Group at a Pearson Vue test centre or online via Pearson Vue’s online platform, ONVUE.
- Candidates will receive exam vouchers after the course
- The exam is taken AFTER the course, at a suitable time
- The Combined Exam Voucher is valid for 12 months
- Candidates cannot be awarded the Practitioner Certificate until they have passed both exams
- For more information about online please click here.
TOGAF Exam pass / fail scenarios:
We receive many questions regarding pass / fail scenarios. Here are the possibilities as stipulated by The Open Group:
- Fail Foundation / Fail Practitioner. No certificate awarded, can be undertaken as a combined exam or two separate exams no less than one month later.
- Pass Foundation / Fail Practitioner. Foundation certificate awarded, Practitioner exam can be undertaken no earlier than one month later.
- Fail Foundation / Pass Practitioner. No certificate awarded. Foundation exam can be undertaken no earlier than one month later. Once Foundation is passed in this scenario a Practitioner certificate will be awarded.
- Pass Foundation / Pass Practitioner. Practitioner certificate only awarded. Practitioner status means Foundation has also been attained.