CDPSE is the first privacy-based certification that validates the certification holder’s expertise in implementing technical privacy controls into their existing and future systems, networks, and applications. CDPSE provides a valid and reliable means for enterprises to identify technologists who are competent in incorporating Privacy-by-Design (PbD) into technology platforms, products, and processes, communicating with legal professionals, and keeping the organisation compliant efficiently and cost-effectively.
CDPSE is focused on validating the technical skills and knowledge it takes to assess, build and implement comprehensive privacy solutions. CDPSE holders can fill the technical privacy skills gap so that your organisation has competent privacy technologists to build and implement solutions that mitigate privacy-related risk and enhance efficiency.
- Address three main domains of CDPSE: Privacy Governance, Privacy Architecture, and Data Lifecycle.
- Validate your experience and ability to work cross-functionally with legal, policy, database administrators, engineers, software developers, and back-end and front-end experts.
- Affirm your skills in understanding compliance requirements and their ability to implement the right privacy controls.
- Focus on technical implementation and privacy best practices.
Who should attend
- Consultants who provide privacy advice
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- Domain Architect (Legal Care, Compliance, or Privacy)
- Information System Engineer concerned with User Data Protection
- IT Project Manager
- Privacy Advisor/Manager
- Privacy Analyst/Engineer
- Privacy Solutions Architect
- Lead Software Engineer Data and System Privacy
- Security and Privacy Engineer
Domain 1 – Privacy Governance
- Personal Data and Information
- Privacy Laws and Standards across Jurisdictions
- Privacy Documentation
- Legal Purpose, Consent and Legitimate Interest
- Data Subject Rights Management
- Roles and Responsibilities Related to Data
- Privacy Training and Awareness
- Vendor and Third-party Management
- Audit Process
- Privacy Incident Management
- Risk Management
- Risk Management Process
Domain 2 – Privacy Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Remote Access
- System Hardening
- Secure Development Life Cycle
- Applications and Software
- Application and Software Hardening
- APIs and Services
- Tracking Technologies
- Technical Privacy Controls
- Communication and Transport Protocols
- Encryption, Hashing and De-identification
- Key Management
- Encryption, Hashing and De-identification
- Monitoring and Logging
- Identity and Access Management
Domain 3 – Data Lifecycle
- Data Purpose
- Inventory and Classification
- Data Quality
- Flow and Usage Diagrams
- Use Limitation
- Data Persistence
- Data Minimisation
- Retention and Archiving
- Data Destruction
CDPSE Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer™
|CDPSE 3-day course alone
||$2680 + gst
|CDPSE exam (optional, see below)
||$1060 + gst
|CDPSE course + exam
||$3740 + gst
Course fees include:
- 3 days course presentation with Tier 1 trainer
- Comprehensive course workbook quality printed in colour
- Official ISACA CDPSE Review Manual
- 12-month online access to Official ISACA CDPSE Review Questions, Answers and Explanations Manual
- Sample Practice Questions and Answer Key Sample Practice Tests
The CDPSE exam is set, conducted and marked by ISACA. All exams will be conducted online via computer-based testing centres around the world.
For more information please refer to the exams page on the ISACA website.
You can book your exam with ALC or direct with ISACA (see above).
If you wish to book the exam with ALC and have both course and exam on the one invoice, please indicate “CDPSE Course + Exam” in the COMMENTS field when making your online registration and select the PAY BY INVOICE option (do not select the Pay By Card option). We will contact you with full details of what is involved.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to become CDPSE Certified:
- Successfully Complete the CDPSE Examination: The examination is open to all individuals who have an interest in implementation of technical privacy solutions. All are encouraged to work toward and take the examination. Successful examination candidates will be sent all information required to apply for certification with their notification of a passing score.For a more detailed description of the exam see CDPSE certification exam content outline.
- Adhere to the Code of Professional Ethics: Members of ISACA and/or holders of the CDPSE designation agree to a Code of Professional Ethics to guide professional and personal conduct.View ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Adhere to the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Policy: The objectives of the continuing education policy are to:
- Maintain an individual's competency by requiring the update of existing knowledge and skills in the areas of implementation of technical privacy solutions
- Provide a means to differentiate between qualified CDPSEs and those who have not met the requirements for continuation of their certification
CDPSE CPE Policy: English
- Demonstrate the Required Minimum Work Experience: A minimum of 3-years of professional implementation of technical privacy by design solutions, control or security work experience - as described in the CDPSE job practice areas - is required for certification. The work experience for CDPSE certification must be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification. Candidates have 5-years from the passing date to apply for certification.
It is important to note that many individuals choose to take the CDPSE exam prior to meeting the experience requirements. This practice is acceptable although the CDPSE designation will not be awarded until all requirements are met