Attackers never rest, and along with all the traditional threats targeting internal networks and systems, an entirely new variety specifically targeting the cloud has emerged.
As more organisations adopt cloud-based systems, new complexities and challenges surface and the risks increase. Organisations need cloud security professionals with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to audit, assess and secure cloud infrastructures.
In response to this, (ISC)² and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) have developed the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification. This credential reflects in-depth knowledge derived from hands-on information security and cloud computing experience. It validates practical know-how for professionals whose responsibilities involve cloud security architecture, design, operations and service orchestration.
In this 5-day course you will gain a thorough understanding of the information security risks and mitigation strategies critical to data security in the cloud. The course covers the six domains of the Official (ISC)² CCSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®) and prepares you to take the CCSP exam to become a Certified Cloud Security Professional.
>> Please refer to the tabs above for Course Fees, Course Content, Exams and other information.
For your convenience you may also see the course in print-friendly one-page view .
The course is designed for :
- Enterprise architects
- Security administrators
- Systems engineers
- Security architects
- Security consultants
- Security engineers
- Security managers
- Systems architects
Day 1 – Introductions and Course Overview
Day 1 – Architectural Concepts and Designs Requirements
- Important cloud computing concepts
- Cloud reference architecture
- Security concepts relevant to cloud computing
- Security design principles of cloud computing
- Trusted cloud services
Day 2 – Cloud Data Security
- The cloud data lifecycle
- Design and implementation of cloud data storage architectures
- Design and application of data security strategies
- Implementation of data discovery and classification technologies
- Implementation of data protection for personally identifiable information (PII)
- Design and implementation of Data Rights Management
- Design and implementation of data retention, deletion and archiving policies
- Auditability, traceability and accountability of data events
Day 3 – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security
- Comprehend cloud infrastructure components
- Analyse risks associated to cloud infrastructure
- Design and plan security controls
- Plan disaster recovery and business continuity management
Day 4 – Cloud Application Security
- Training and awareness for application security
- Cloud software assurance and validation
- Use of verified secure software
- Understand and apply the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) process
- Comprehend the specifics of Cloud Application Architecture
- Design appropriate Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
Day 4 – Operations
- Support the planning process for the data centre design
- Build, run and manage physical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Build, run and manage logical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Ensure compliance with various regulations and control requirements
- Conduct risk assessments for logical and physical infrastructure
- Collection, acquisition and preservation of digital evidence
- Manage communication with relevant parties
Day 5 – Legal and Compliance
- Legal requirements and unique risks within the cloud environment
- Privacy issues, including jurisdictional variation
- The audit process and methodologies adapted for the cloud environment
- Implications of cloud to enterprise risk management
- Outsourcing and cloud contract design
- Vendor management
- Mock exam
When you attend this course you receive:
- 5 full days of course instruction
- Comprehensive course workbook
- Full sit-down lunch and morning and afternoon tea each day
The CCSP exam is NOT included in the course fees.
The CCSP exams are administered by Pearson Vue on behalf of (ISC)2. You must register for the exam online. Refer to the EXAM tab above for more information and Exam Centre locations.
To see the full schedule for this course click here
Terms and conditions
Candidates must have at least five years of cumulative, paid full-time working experience in Information Technology. Three of these must be in information security, and one of which must be in one of the six CCSP domains.
Candidates who are already (ISC)2 members in good standing and who possess a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certificate may substitute all of the CCSP experience requirements on this basis
CCSP candidates who have passed the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) may count this certification towards one year of experience in one of the six domains.
- The maximum time allowed for the exam is 4 hours, which includes all rest breaks.
- The exam has 125 questions, all of which must be answered.
- The pass mark is 700 / 1000.
CCSP Exam – procedure | dates | locations
A list of PearsonVue Test Centres is shown below. For the most up-to-date listing please go to the PearsonVue ISC2 web page
then click on Find a Test Centre
in the upper right of the page.
If you experience any issues please contact ALC.