What should you be doing with all the IT frameworks and standards such as COBIT®, ISO 38500, ITIL®, ISO 20000, PRINCE2®, MSP®, ISO 10006, ISO 21500 or ISO 27000 that everyone tells us we should be using?
In just one day gain an understanding of the relationship between all of these processes.
We constantly encounter this concern in organisations everywhere, in both government and business:
- What are all these frameworks and standards?
- What is the difference between a framework and a standard?
- There are so many - should we be using them? If so, which ones?
- How do they all fit together?
- How will they make our organisation better?
"Effective management of IT is strategic in an
age where business delivery is totally dependent on IT."
Frameworks and standards have evolved to help ensure that organisations get the best return from their investment in IT. They address very real issues and offer many real and tangible benefits. But there is no single silver bullet. The trick is to know which ones to use to give best value to your organisation.
This overview, held from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, has come about in response to repeated requests. It is designed to brush away the confusion and to give management a clear and sufficient understanding of the key frameworks and provide a much better basis for making decisions.
Participants will gain clear understanding of the following:
- COBIT and ISO 38500: The Control Objectives for Information and related technology: what it is, what it says, how should senior managers make effective decisions, interaction with the other frameworks and standards. ISO 38500 (Corporate Governance of IT standard): What it says and how does it differ to COBIT.
- ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) - what it is, how it works.
- ISO 20000 (Service Management standard) - how it works and how it differs from ITIL. Also answers the question on who should follow this standard.
- PRINCE2 (Projects In a Controlled Environment) - what it is, how it works.
- MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) - what is it, how does it work.
- ISO 10006 (Guidelines for quality management in projects). What does this standard say, how does this work with PRINCE2 and MSP?
- ISO 21500 (guide to project management). What does this standard say, how does this work with PRINCE2 and MSP?
- ISO 27000x (Information Security management standards). The related series of security standards - what are they, and what do they say?
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- CEO, COO, CIO and other Executive Officers
- Programme Managers and Project Managers
- ITIL Process Owners and ITIL Sponsors
- Information Security Managers
- IT Managers / IT Operations Managers
- Business Managers
- Anyone wanting to understand the frameworks and their associated standard
Fees A$ per person
IT Frameworks and Standards Overviewp
$490 + gst
NOTE: The course is held from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Enquire about Team Discounts (up to 50%)and in-house presentation.