This 3-day course provides participants with a solid knowledge of the fundamentals of ISO/IEC 20000, the worldwide standard specifically aimed at IT Service Management. It describes an inter-grated set of management processes for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL. ISO/ IEC 20000 provides the only formal method to prove that an organisation’s processes are “ITIL compliant”, through formal, independent audit by registered certification organisations.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand and describe:
- The definition and principles of quality management in relation to IT service management
- The position of ISO/IEC 20000 in relation to IT service management
- The quality specifications for IT service management (ISO/IEC 20000, Part 1)
- The code of practice for IT service management (ISO/IEC 20000, Part 2)
The following benefits can be realised when an organisation aligns with the ISO/IEC 20000 standard:
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals.
Who should attend
Any staff who have a role in delivering or managing IT services. The course is particularly suitable for staff who are involved in process development and improvement and may be helping their organisation improve service outcomes or prepare for ISO/IEC 20000 certification. The ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate is a prerequisite for the other qualifications within the ISO 20000 qualifications.
Definitions and Principles of Service Quality Management
- Services and IT Service Management
- Processes and the Process Approach
- Continual Improvement
Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000
- History and Purpose
- Terms and Definitions
Management and Improvement of ITSM
- Requirements for a Management System
- Planning and Implementing Service Management
Control of IT services
- Planning and Implementing New or Changed Services
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
Alignment of IT and the business
- Business Relationship Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Reporting
- Supplier Management
- Budgeting and Accounting for IT Services
Delivery of IT Services
- Service Continuity & Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Information Security Management
Sample Exam Paper
Support of IT Services
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
Position of ISO/IEC 20000 in IT Service Management
- Relationship with other Standards and Frameworks
- Audits and Assessments
- Certification Practices
Exam (1 hour)
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees A$ Per Person
ISO20000 Foundation Certificate Course + Exam
$1950 + gst
Available In-house only, contact ALC to enquire about suitable dates.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course. However, some previous IT service management training and/or experience is necessary for students to gain the full value of the course.
- ITIL (v2 or v3) Foundation Certificate (or higher) will assist the candidate greatly
- Work experience in IT service management is assumed
- Pre-reading the ISO/IEC 20000 standard will also assist the candidate
This course will prepare you to take and pass the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate exam. The examination is of one-hour duration and consists of 40 multi-choice questions, taken on the last afternoon of the course.