The adoption of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a strategic decision driving the coordination of operational security controls across all of the organisation’s electronic and physical information resources. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is the most widely recognised international standard specifically aimed at information security management.
This five-day course is fully accredited by APMG and is based on the most recent (2013) version of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard. It comprises both a Foundation and a Practitioner module which can be taken separately or combined, according to needs.
The Foundation module (2 days) is the ideal course for anyone who needs an overview of the ISO 27001 Standard and a good appreciation of what comprises best practice in Information Security Management.
The Practitioner module (3 days) builds on this knowledge to give participants a deeper understanding about how to actually apply the standard for implementation, management and improvement.
ISO/IEC 27001 is an international standard that provides the basis for effective management of confidential and sensitive information and the application of information security controls.
It enables organisations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in information security management. Conformance with the standard requires commitment to continually improve control of confidential and sensitive information, providing reassurance to sponsors, shareholders and customers alike.
Certified individuals help their organisations to:-
>> Please refer to the tabs above for Course Fees, Course Content, Exams and other information.
For your convenience you may also see the course in print-friendly one-page view .
• Learn about best practice in Information Security Management and apply this within your organisation.
• Realise the scope and purpose of the standard and how it can be implemented within an organisation.
• Understand the key terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001 to effectively roll out the principles.
• Leverage the fundamental ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS to address the need to continually improve.
• Recognise the purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
• Apply your knowledge to business scenarios to enhance control of information. (Practitioner qualification only)
• Establish a structured approach to information security management to secure information assets.
• Improve information security through adoption of best practices.
• Gain a competitive differentiator when tendering for business contracts.
• Enhance reputation with the secure management of confidential and sensitive information.
• Demonstrate compliance with an internationally recognised standard and the ability to satisfy customer security requirements.
ISO/IEC 27001 certification is designed for management and support personnel involved in the design, delivery, maintenance and improvement of an ISMS and supporting resources, equipping them with an understanding of the application of this best practice, internationally-recognised standard.
This course will ensure delegates understand the value to the business of the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard. There is an in-depth review of the key concepts and activities needed to properly plan for the implementation, management and improvement of an Information Security Management System. The course also ensures a thorough understanding of associated activities, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
Fees per person
|ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Module (2 days)||$1850 + gst|
|ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner Module (3 days)||$2250 + gst|
|Combined 5-day course||$3280 + gst|
The Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the Practitioner qualification. There is no pre-requisite for the Foundation qualification but a background in information security or service management would be an advantage.
• Multiple choice format
• 50 questions per paper
• 25 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
• 40 minute duration
• Closed book
• Objective Testing
• 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question
• 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
• 2½ hour duration
• Open book.